Life Needs A Hefty Bag

Something that will hold everything, expand beyond comprehension, and still not split at the seams.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Hello 29!!

Yep, today I turn the big 2-9, the jumpin off place of 30. I know for some people this age is a big deal...in fact a friend of mine told me that one of her co-workers had a major depression after turning 30. I just don't understand the issue of age. I've never been ashamed of how old I am. I'm not THAT old...but I certainly look my age. I choose to look at myself and realize I'm not old, I don't feel old, I'm just wiser and more experienced than I was 10 years ago, and that's a good thing! I'm going to get older, which means I'm still alive and not dead...what a blessing!! I suppose my body is entitled to show its age considering what I've put it through...playing as a kid, depression as a teen, late night partying with friends in my early 20's, three kids, my thyroid retiring, even just living in Wisconsin and adjusting every year between sweltering hot and subzero freezing cold takes its toll. Okay body, you're entitled to sag a bit, develop a crinkle, crease or stretch mark here and there...you're holding me in so I can stay here and be a part of the lives of those close to me. And those lines that will start showing on my face...they'll come from laughing at the funny things that I'll experience, crying over the painful ones, worrying about my kids or loved ones; they'll serve as a map into my past created by the experiences life weathers me with. Okay, I can handle that too.

So, today I'm 29. I'm okay with that...I've earned every second I've been here, and I'm looking forward to the rest of the time I'm blessed to be here :o) Have a great one!!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Stopped by your blog today!!!

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

    I can totally relate, I turn the big 2-9 this year...

    Woohoo!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com