Life Needs A Hefty Bag

Something that will hold everything, expand beyond comprehension, and still not split at the seams.

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Holy Cow, A WEEK?!?

I can't believe that it's been a week since I've blogged!! Well, I guess I've been busy!! Between work, kids, keeping up shop, Bub starting a new job, dentist appointments, church, and just the normal hum-drum other stuff, I guess a week slipping by isn't SUCH a big thing LOL

So, the first few are pretty self explanatory. Trey has been practicing really hard the last week at swimming for his first swim meet this weekend. YAY!! Bub goes for orientation for his new job tomorrow. He'll be working three 12-hour shifts a week, which will hopefully help me around here, too. Trey & Talin had another dentist appointment on Wednesday, where Trey had some fillings done, and Talin had a tooth pulled. The tooth fairy forgot to come, so brought his 50 cents with her when she went to wake him up in the morning for school. I couldn't find the tooth!! So of course Talin wakes up, sees me standing there, turns and grabs his tooth, which was laying right by his cheek, and I'm standing there with this money going "Okay, NOW what do I do??" Thankfully, no one is at their sharpest first thing in the morning, so I quick slipped the change under his pillow, which he found shortly after I placed it, and he couldn't figure out why his tooth was still there and he STILL got the money!! So then he thought that since it was still there and it was a school day, it'd be a GREAT idea to bring it to school and show his friends. Talking this kid out of anything is difficult...it's easier to just help him "forget" about it LOL He got so distracted getting ready for school and packing his own lunch that he seemed to have left the idea of his show and tell tooth upstairs! Ahhh...gotta love kids!

The last few weeks at church the kids in Sunday School have been having a food drive. Next week is the last week of it, so I convinced the pastor to let the kids walk down the aisle with him at the beginning of the service pushing the shopping cart with the stuff the kids have donated so he can acknowledge their efforts to the church. Then after the service we'll all count up the final donations, and the team who wins gets a prize. It should be a really good time!!

Today I decided to do something insane. I raked leaves. Now normally, a house in town wouldn't have a TON of leaves, but our house is surrounded by trees that rival red woods. The biggest tree is only half bare, and the rest have let go of pretty much all of their leaves. I had some help from the kids, until they decided to take a break. Six different times. I had one pile that was nearly as tall as I am!! When all was said and done, about a dozen 55-gallon bags were filled as full as they could be with squashed down, crumpled up leaves. It's only been a few hours, and I can already feel my muscles carrying out their revenge. My biceps have that trademark ache to them, like I just did 100 pushups. My back isn't as supportive as it usually is...like a sports bra with no elastic left in it. My legs have decided that moving half-speed is fast enough for them. A snail could beat me in a foot race right now. And, to top it off, I'm too exhausted to get up and do much about it, like stretch. So, ibuprofen will once again come to my rescue. I hope.

This week should be much less hectic. Looking forward to my two days off from work next week, so hopefully that will help keep me focused this week. Okay, you're right, who am I kidding?? LOL Have a great one, and I SWEAR I'll get back on here before another week's up!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 6:40 AM , Blogger Valarie said...

    One of the best things about living in Florida is that I will never again have to rake leaves. I do not miss that.

     
  • At 6:31 AM , Blogger Valarie said...

    I tagged you for a meme.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com