Life Needs A Hefty Bag

Something that will hold everything, expand beyond comprehension, and still not split at the seams.

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Gotta Happen

Happy New Year to everyone!! I haven't set any resolutions...I really don't believe that setting a year-long resolution on any particular day of the year is going to motivate anyone to do that particular thing any better, more often or whatever. So, what I've done instead is done some introspection and decided that a few things need to get worked on better this year. So they're really not resolutions, I'm not resolving to do anything, just setting goals that I hope to be able to work on. There is no achievement level, there's no finish line, just stuff to keep an eye on throughout 2008.

1. Punctuality. I'm always late for everything. It's a huge pet peeve of my husband's, and I don't particularly like that trait in myself either. So I'm going to continue to work on that this year.

2. Weight. No, I'm not going on a diet. But sitting here and feeling short of breath because my heart is racing since I gained weight due to over-indulging myself at the six different Christmas parties we had throughout December doesn't make me feel particularly healthy. Thus, I'm going to take care of the one and only body I've been given to live in. I'll probably still be fat at the end of the year, but I'm going to be able to breathe, I'm not going to stay this heavy. It's not good for my heart. I'm not going to kill myself getting thin, but I'm not going to let myself stay on the self-destructive path to drowning myself in body fat either.

3. Organization. I hope to organize the house, little by little, during the next few months, so that when we (hopefully!!) get around to remodeling things, we won't have to clean them first, organize things, get rid of things, remodel whatever we're doing, then sort through and organize everything again. That just sounds like too much extra work on projects that are already going to be...well...gigantic. This goes for my time, too. I really need to figure out how to organize my time better...I don't seem to ever have enough, but looking at it I should have more than I need. Something isn't balancing out here.

4. Finances. I have some ideas I'd like to try this year, like saving $$ for fuel oil through the year instead of scrambling to find $460 like we had to this year. It was a train wreck. I hate waiting for tax season just to "catch up" on everything...I wanna use that money for other stuff, like remodeling the house, newer vehicles, furniture, etc. I've already literally frozen the credit cards...they need to be thawed before they can be used for anything...which should give us plenty of time to figure out if we really need the credit item or not. Hopefully that'll help keep us from sliding back down the slippery slope of debt!

So, those are my goals for this year. I'm not resolving to DO any of them, I'm setting goals, which to me doesn't sound quite as committed as setting a resolution LOL These are all things I want to do, I need to do, and now that they're in writing hopefully it'll be a little easier to see them through!

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • At 1:42 AM , Blogger onthegomom said...

    Great goals! I am working on almost the exact same list. We can be each other's cheerleader!!

     
  • At 6:24 AM , Blogger Valarie said...

    Same here. Only, I didn't set and real New Years Resolutions...those are just the things in my life I haven't managed to get ahead of....so I am constatly working on them. Although...I ama ctually pretty punctual. It's y husband and my children that can't seem to figure that one out! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

 
Put a Pin on the Map View my Guestmap
Free Guestmaps by Bravenet.com